September 22, 2008

After All These Years

This is it. This is the photo of Cinderella's castle that convinced me Disney had grand plans for its Florida land. The elegant spires, the lacy stonework, the grandeur of it all assured me the rest of the park and the surrounding Walt Disney Resort would be just as detailed and spectacular.

I was not disappointed. Arriving at the Transportation and Ticket Center, hopping on the monorail and the ferry boats to get past the lagoon to the Magic Kingdom was a treat of its own. Dazzled by the Polynesian Village and awed by the concourse of the Contemporary Resort, I determined I'd make many trips back. 

For all the changes and in spite of all the (sometimes justified) criticism, the place still draws me in. It is still magical after almost forty years, and I believe there is more magic ahead.

No comments: