September 11, 2008

Peace to Calm a Painful Memory

In honor of our nation, the heroes who served at a time of crisis- and those who continue to serve us:

I cry aloud to the LORD; I lift up my voice to the LORD for mercy. I pour out my complaint before him; before him I tell my trouble.
When my spirit grows faint within me, it is you who know my way. In the path where I walk men have hidden a snare for me. Look to my right and see; no one is concerned for me. I have no refuge; no one cares for my life.


I cry to you, O LORD; I say, "You are my refuge, my portion in the land of the living." Listen to my cry, for I am in desperate need; rescue me from those who pursue me, for they are too strong for me. Set me free from my prison,that I may praise your name. Then the righteous will gather about me because of your goodness to me.(Psalm 142)

No comments: