October 23, 2008

Little Low Today

Feeling a little down today. Carrying burdens for others, for me as well. But I am hopeful as God is in control. Even a great and focused and accomplished man like the Apostle Paul struggled with depression. Listen to this:

"We do not want you to be uninformed, brothers, about the hardships we suffered in the province of Asia. We were under great pressure, far beyond our ability to endure, so that we despaired even of life. Indeed, in our hearts we felt the sentence of death. But this happened that we might not rely on ourselves but on God, who raises the dead. "(2 Corinthians 1:8-10)

So, I am encouraged. Paul also reminds us that our troubles are light and momentary in regards to the bigger picture in life. I choose today to believe the things I know are true instead of how I feel: Jesus loves me and gave His life for me; my life belongs to Him; everything in heaven and earth are under His command. Faith, hope, and love endure as well.

No comments: