February 4, 2009

Refreshing!

Reading through the Psalms is usually a refreshing thing for me. However, a recent piece of scripture caught my eye and has been challenging my heart.
“For the LORD God is a sun and shield;
the LORD bestows favor and honor;
no good thing does he withhold
from those whose walk is blameless.
O LORD Almighty,
Blessed is the man who trusts in you.”
Psalm 84:11-12

What part caught your eye? Why?

Of course, I was focused on the “whose walk is blameless” piece. Was I surprised? No. I am hard on myself in so many ways. And naturally, I began to browbeat myself because I just never really measure up to the man of God I want to be.

Now reflection and repentance are necessary, being the very tools the Lord uses to lead us back into an intimate and tender relationship with Him. Let’s be honest, if I was never really aware of my sin and thought all I touched was wonderful, well, let’s just say I would be a little full of myself. But I am old enough to have discovered I cannot do this Christian life in my own strength. And I will gladly exchange that for being full of the Holy Spirit!

Thankfully, Psalm 84 ends with the truth that we are blessed if we trust in God.
This gives me hope- and lets me relax knowing He will continue working in me and conforming me to the image of Christ. If you believe in the only true LORD and have given your life to Him, he’s working in you as well.

No comments: