May 27, 2009

Maui Sunset

On a rainy day, a glimpse through old travel photos and a Maui sunset are just the thing to brighten my outlook. Hawaii must be one of the most enchanting places in the United States. It is no wonder island fever hit the States in the mid last century.

I was thrilled with this photo when it was first developed over 15 years ago. This particular trip holds fond memories. Means even more to me now that the dear friend we traveled with is no longer gracing this earth.
(Photo copyright Mark Taft.)

2 comments:

len yokoyama said...

Hey Mark,

Just wanted to say "aloha" from an island boy out here on Oahu. I love Maui too...it's one of my favorite islands! I really enjoy your blog as both a fellow Disneyland fan and Christian. Your viewpoints and stories really hit home at times. Keep up the great work and I will be following it with anxious delight!

Mahalo,
Len

Mark said...

Thanks, Len, for the encouragement!