January 27, 2012

It's a Beauty in 3D

The allure of 3D films is a contradiction in terms. I much prefer 2D and the old school way of telling the story. However, when I realized Disney was releasing Beauty and the Beast in 3D, I just had to go.

Beauty is my all-time favorite Disney film, with The Little Mermaid right behind it. Like Glen Keane, my heart resonates with the Beast, and I too know the power of Love's transformation. It is such a highly personal film for me, you would think I was involved in its creation.

Knowing Beauty was arriving with a new Disney favorite, a Tangled based short, made a night to see both all the more enticing.

It was a quiet Wednesday night, and we were the only ones in the theater. Not a bad setting for a date- and a chance to view the film as only a true lover of it could.

Yes, go see it for the Tangled mini movie. The whole concept is pretty clever, and it is great fun to see Rapunzel, Eugene, and the rest of the crew back in action. In spite of all the film's charms, nothing can hold a candle- not even Lumiere- to the 3D treat that is Beauty and the Beast.

No, I won't spoil it for you, but I will say by the end of the film you'll be itching to explore Beast's castle and the West Wing in particular at the Magic Kingdom's new Fantasyland. Now, I really cannot wait for it to open...

(Art copyright The Walt Disney Company.)

No comments: