December 19, 2012

Coolest Theme Park Addition!

It's about time for me to reconsider that trip to Orlando! Nope, it isn't Disney's New Fantasyland or even Universal's Harry Potter's Forbidden Journey. As you can guess by the graphic, it's Sea World's Empire of the Penguin that has me thinking twice.

Do I love Beauty and the Beast? Yes, but I can wait to dine in the West Wing. A meal at a theme park doesn't make me want to hop on a plane. And I'm not wild about Harry, but the ride system is enticing.

Sure, Test Track 2.0 looks enough like Tron to make me want to go, but at its core, its the same attraction. Beyond that, new restaurants in World Showcase don't keep a theme park fresh. At this point in time, Disney's Hollywood Studios leaves me cold. And don't even get me going about the sad state of Animal Kingdom!

It's been years since I've been to Sea World. But I love the place. Problem is, in earlier days, the location was either inconvenient or I did not want to take time out of my Orlando vacation at Disney to go there. No longer. Penguins, dolphins, whales, oh my!

The photos I've seen of this park make the place look fresh, clean, and extremely appealing. Plus its interactive in a way that is hands-on and video game free. Just my style. Maybe its just time for something new. When Disney's ready to bring back something state of the art to Orlando, then I'll get excited enough to book a ticket. In the meantime, Sea World has something cool Animal Kingdom should have explored years ago, and I know I'm not the only one who will take notice.

No comments: