April 26, 2013

Tomorrow, Science, and the Future at Disneyland


While I am taking my dear sweet time finishing up my series on Disneyland Attraction Posters and the last ones, (a look at the posters for Tomorrowland),  I thought I'd give you a little taste of the future circa the 1960s.

Above is a wonderful piece of Imagineering artwork for a new attraction, Adventures in Science. Pretty cool, huh? What's every bit as cool- and certainly equally retro in approach- is the attraction's proposed entrance, seen below. (Sorry for the minute size.)


Perhaps fittingly, the concept never really appeared as originally planned, and instead transformed into the beloved Adventure Thru Inner Space, where guests were miniaturized. (Your spelling may vary!)

(Artwork copyright The Walt Disney Company.)

No comments: