August 6, 2014

Disney's Polynesian Village Resort- $120 per Night!

An incredible special!

Oh, it is for 1986...
Take a look at my reservation for a stay in 1987. The beautiful Polynesian Village Resort at Walt Disney World was going for $120 a night. I had it confirmed. Ready to go and all.

Unfortunately, job changes got in the way, and our little marriage getaway had to be postponed. Nope, we never got back to stay at the property. Looking at the prices now, I doubt if we ever will. It may still be lovely- that's yet to be determined with all the "improvements"- but now it is so overpriced, I'd rather stay elsewhere. And so it goes...

2 comments:

Matt said...

Funny, I did a similar thing when planning our first big family vacation with the kids in 2013. I booked at Poly, then had to cancel due to work. Fortunately I was able to reschedule shortly after, and we were able to experience the Village as it used to be - with lobby waterfall and all.

That's great that you saved that stub, even after not going! Loved the design of the logos and things back then.

Keep up the great work, Mark.

Mark said...

I'm with you! I loved the retro logos and such. I'm glad you made it to the resort. One day, I hope to. Even to this day, the Polynesian would be my first choice of places to stay at WDW. Just love the tropical theme. (Thanks for the encouragement on the blog by the way...)