September 6, 2017

The Bigger Picture

The forest for the trees. How about "the sunflowers for the field"? We were out and about during the long weekend, visiting a park we had never been to before, and I saw these beautiful flowers in the distance. I couldn't help but get closer to them and take a few photographs.

The bunches of them were everywhere! I wish I had my camera and not just my cel phone to grab these shots. Off I went trying to get the best ones possible by moving every which way I could.

It hit me looking at the photographs. When I was up close looking only at the flowers, I could only see what was right in front of me. As I moved further and further back for additional photos, I saw the bigger picture. News flash. It's just like this in my relationship with God. I can fixate on the heartache of a situation and lose the beauty to be found around it. Or, on those rare occasions when my faith in the Lord really comes together, I can be patient and wait to see what God brings out of any circumstance. 

I know He will eventually- it may even be eternity until I see it- but God is faithful, and His word is true. All things do work together for good for those who love Him and are called according to His purpose. (From the Apostle Paul's letter to the church in Rome, chapter 8, verse 28.)

(Photographs copyright Mark Taft.)

No comments: