January 4, 2018

Alternative Attraction Poster for Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage

Were you ever a fan of the classic Submarine Voyage at Disneyland? I know I was! I was an even bigger fan of Walt Disney World's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. Oh, those vintage machines and that beautiful crystal lagoon!

I'm not so hot on the redo bringing Nemo the clownfish into Tomorrowland, but I have to credit Imagineer Tony Baxter with "saving" the lagoon and the underwater attraction. The ride is too cartoon focused (as expected), but it misses a real sense of drama- with a whole slate of video screens that make it a "one and done" attraction for this guest.

So, the ride's a miss unless you're little. I am a big fan, however, of great Disney attraction posters. Here's an alternative Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage attraction poster. It's cute, playful, and a fairly charming piece of art.

(Art copyright The Walt Disney Company.)

No comments: