May 24, 2018

Disney Rolling in the Money

Oh those rich Disney executives! The folks like CEO Robert Iger are rolling in the dough. (What a great potential Weird Al parody of Adele's "Rolling in the Deep".) Prices for the parks and the lodging go up and up, not to mention the cost of food on property. If you're like me, you absolutely hate the fact that the most appealing places to eat from a design and architecture standpoint are now home to only over-priced character breakfasts.

Talk about  income inequality! Truth be told, most of us make much more money than we think compared to the rest of the world. A friend sent me this link. If you click on it, there's a short little program that looks at the amount of money you make and tells you how you compare to others in the world. It's called The Global Rich List.  

It's a pretty fun tool to play with!

For me, as a follower of Jesus, it's challenging. I keep thinking of his words found in Matthew 6- "“No one can serve two masters, for either he will hate the one and love the other, or he will be devoted to the one and despise the other. You cannot serve God and money."

My heart's cry- "But I think that way so naturally, Jesus! Help me be a better manager of my money and a blessing to others." I certainly have a long way to go in giving God my best. It will be a life long process, as He keeps uncovering sin and attitudes of pride and selfishness. More on this in the coming weeks. You'll understand more soon enough.

No comments: